Sunday, February 22, 2009

Flash Fun!

Producing shifts were WAY better this week. I had quite a bit of fun, and I'm feeling a lot more confident in the booth. There are still some things frustrating me, but I'll get better with time. I need to continue to improve my writing for sure. If only there were a sure-fire solution to doing that. Different TAs and Producer Chairs pull me in different directions so it's hard to feel like what I'm writing is right. Practice makes perfect though, I guess. It's the same with stacking my 'casts. The more I do it, the better I'll be at building those thematic chunks of content.

Web editing this week was kind of fun. Did some stuff with yesterday's stories. My fave was with Gelardi's stuff on the car dealership closing. I added the front image to the story page to give a little continuity. Then, I remembered from last night that she had had a graphic in about sales at that dealership. So why not include that graphic to give readers/viewers a different look at the numbers there? So that's what I did. Made it a JPEG 4x3 and online it went. But why stop there? I also put my newly-acquired Flash skills to the test. I made a sweet bar graph of the car sales data. The bars were the ups and for downs I added an oval with the exact number inside. I like it . . . it's hot!

Busy week coming up this week. I'm producing the 6 on Tuesday AND Wednesday, neither of which I normally do. I switched off of my Friday 6 and Saturday 10 shifts to make the most of True/False weekend with the wife. I got her passes for our one-year, so I figured I had better make time to go with her, too. So the first part of the week will be stressful, but a relaxing weekend will surely follow. We've reserved tickets to . . . I don't know, something like 9 movies (1 Friday, 5 Saturday, 3 Sunday). I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment