Sunday, February 15, 2009

FML!!!

KOMU 8 News at 10 on Saturday was crappy!!!

Was it my fault? Maybe a little. Could I have done things differently to make it go a little smoother? Perhaps. Did I get screwed over by my PAs? Definitely.

It's over now so there's nothing I can do. Just move on and learn from it. That doesn't get me any closer to a resume tape or job though. It's so frustrating!!! We'll try again next week I guess.



I had an awesome, producer-y dot-com moment the other day. I browsed on over to KOMU.com to check out what stories had been on the past day or so and I saw the lead image for the superintendent search story. The picture was of an empty board room chair with some water glasses and stuff in the foreground. The headline read something lame like "Superintendent Search". The new headline hit me like a sack of bricks . . . "Filling the Seat". And then in the abstract, something like "The race to fill the seat of Columbia Schools Superintendent is down to two candidates." I thought it all worked together pretty well, considering the lead image. Once again, the curse of ACMing off-the-clock struck again as I did all this at home.

We met with Matt, Liz and the rest of the development team last week to catch up. Not really sure what happened or still where we're supposed to go, but there's time. I know we're going through the KOMU archive to try and find development stories. I'm just not sure what we're eventually going to use that stuff for. I'm very unsure of what my contribution will be to this project. I'm not on the mapping crew so I guess that's not me; I'm not a reporter so I'm not really doing that either. I don't know where what I'm doing fits into the grand scheme of the project.

Pretty routine .com shift today. No 6 o'clock news cast; nothing new to do for the web. I messed around a little with some of the headlines on top front. Otherwise, not much going on. Still trying to recover from last night's disaster newscast.

No comments:

Post a Comment